Getting to know the new European Voluntary Service Team: Constança
Here is Eduard Nastase and today I’d like to introduce Constança! She’s a Portuguese member of the new European Voluntary Service team in Nicosia and also a member of Youth4Youth 4 team
– Hey Constança! Can you please tell us something about your hobbies and the city you were born?
– I was born in Macau, which used to be a Portuguese colony in Asia until 1998. None of my hobbies are related to it though, and they include writing, hula hooping and wandering around.
– How did you find out and why did you decide to join the EVS?
– I found out about EVS through a friend who took part in a project. I have decided to join EVS to take a break, try to figure out what is it that I want to do with my life and to try to learn something different.
– What was the best moment you had spent here?
– The best moment spent in EVS was probably my long weekend away hitchhiking around the island.
– What was the most challenging situation you have experienced during your EVS project?
– The most challenging situation I’ve experienced was, and still is, to deal with being told what to eat every day.
-How do you like Cyprus and/or Nicosia?
– Cyprus is an easy country to visit and wander around, and the people everywhere are very nice and welcoming. Nicosia, as a city itself is not very exciting, but it’s fascinating to see the diversity and the impact that the border has in the dynamics of the capital of an EU country.
-What are the biggest cultural changes you have experiences during your time in Cyprus?
– I did not experience many cultural changes, because the Mediterranean lifestyle is quite similar to the one I am used to. I would probably just say the lack of cheap coffee.
-Would you recommend visiting Cyprus to your friends and do an EVS here?
– I would definitely recommend a friend to come visit Cyprus, however regarding EVS, I would recommend my friend to try and investigate further about the organization and talk with people who have been in previous projects there before accepting the invitation.