Porridge : simple & efficient
Porridge is one of my favourite breakfast! This is how to make it:
- Ingredients :
- 50g porridge oats
- 200ml whole milk
- Tip the oats into a small saucepan with the milk and 100ml water. Slowly bring to the boil, stirring. Reduce the heat and simmer for 5–10 minutes, until thick and creamy, stirring regularly to prevent the oats from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Remove from the heat, cover with a lid and leave to stand for 3–5 minutes. Add your desired toppings and serve.
- Why you should eat it more often ?
- They are a good source of carbs and fibre. They contain more protein and fat than more grains.
- They are rich in antioxidants. They may help lower blood pressure.
- Oats are high in the soluble fibre beta-glucan, which has numerous benefits. It helps reduce cholesterol and blood sugar levels, promotes healthy gut bacteria and increases feelings of fullness.
- Oats may lower the risk of heart disease by reducing both total and LDL cholesterol and protecting LDL cholesterol from oxidation.
Enjoy and eat more porridge!