Reach Your Goals
Καλή Χρονιά ! Happy new year!
Hello everyone! It is a new decade, the perfect time to fix goals. It is common to take new resolutions at the beginning of the year! It is great, but mostly it is very hard to keep these resolutions. Today I will share with you some tips to fix and reach your goals. Let’s go!
First thing first, you should keep in your mind that a goal must be S.M.A.R.T!
- Specific: be the most precise as possible! Do not be ambiguous.
- Measurable: Choose specific criteria to help you measure your progress during the accomplishment of the goal.
- Achievable: Something possible, something that you can reach!
- Realistic: It must be relevant to your life purpose.
- Timely: You should include a starting date and a target date. Create urgency is the main purpose.
In this way your goals will be well defined.
Then, to reach your goals these are some extra tips!
- Be persistent: life is not a calm river. Sometimes you will have obstacles to overcome but keep a good mentality.
- Use tools: Gantt’s diagram is perfect to visualize your goals.
- Avoid procrastination: we tend to waste our time and feel overcharged. You can try to classify your actions in a pivot table: Urgent/Not Urgent -Important/Not Important.
Finally, as I said earlier, life is unpredictable so don’t put too much stress on you! Therefore, it is very important to take the time to fix your goals. When it will be difficult, keep in mind how far you go!
As far as I am concerned, December is my favourite month to fix new goals and check the previous one. As a former marketing student, I use all the tools that I have learnt at school to improve my life. It suits me well. As we are all different, I encourage you to find what suit you!
Love & Laugh!
See you soon!