Chewy Honey Oatmeal Cookies
Hello Everyone !
A promise is a promise ! This is the honey recipe :
INGREDIENTS FOR 24 COOKIES
- 1/2 cup – butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup – granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup – honey
- 1 large – egg
- 1 tsp. – vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups – quick cooking rolled oats
- 1 cup – whole wheat flour
- 1/4 tsp. – salt
- 1 tsp. – ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. – baking soda
- 1 cup – raisins, chocolate or butterscotch chips
- In medium bowl, beat butter with sugar until thoroughly blended. Blend in honey. Blend in egg and vanilla, mixing until smooth.
- In separate bowl, mix together oats, flour, salt, cinnamon and baking soda; blend into honey mixture. Blend in raisins or chips.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheet. Bake at 350°F/180°C for 12 to 14 minutes until cookies are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow cookies to cool 2 to 3 minutes before removing from baking sheet.
- Cool completely then store in an airtight container.
High altitude adjustment: Increase oats to 2 cups and decrease whole wheat flour to 3/4 cup.
Stay connected for a Christmas ‘recipe from Martinique!
See you 😊