What is a YouthPass?
Youthpass is a European recognition tool for non-formal and informal learning in youth work. It helps people describe what they have done and show what they have learnt after taking part in Erasmus+ Youth projects.
More than 630,000 young people have received a Youthpass certificate so far.
Youthpass is more than a certificate. It comes with a guided process that helps young people become aware of and present the experiences and key competences they have gained in Erasmus+ youth projects, including youth exchanges, European Voluntary Service and youth worker mobility.
All participants can receive a Youthpass certificate, and thus recognition for their non-formal learning within Erasmus+. This can be very useful for a job interview, at school or for further projects.
Youthpass certification relies on the 8 key competences for lifelong learning, European Reference Framework:
- Communication in the mother tongue
- Communication in foreign languages
- Mathematical competence and basic competences in science and technology
- Digital competence
- Learning to learn
- Social and civic competences
- Sense of initiative and entrepreneurship
- Cultural awareness and expression.